Friday, August 8, 2014

{friday cocktail: smooth burn}



More often than not I will order the cocktail on the menu that has some sort of spice especially if it includes jalapeño.  I like spicy foods, but I'm not a fanatic about it so it's odd that I always prefer a spicy cocktail.  In less than two weeks, I'll be back out in Palm Springs again with some friends from Chicago and we generally find ourselves mixing up some form of spicy margarita or spiked aqua fresca.  For this Friday's cocktail, I decided to try out marrying the two vacation drinks by making a spicy watermelon margarita and I'll be honest it is nothing short of amazing.  The absolute perfect poolside drink: it's refreshing from the watermelon, spicy from the jalapeños as well as the cayenne salt rim and it includes tequila.  Short of adding a cocktail umbrella I'm not sure what else this drink really needs!






Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment