Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{diy bridal shower projects + free printables}


Today I have one of the last posts about my bridal shower with a guest post from one of my best friends, Kay Lee, who envisioned the entire event and executed every last detail with perfection.  She's here today to share some great free printable downloads that can translate for any of type of party as well as some insight into a few of the diy projects she created for the shower. Take it away Kay...


Natalie is my personal sounding board for everything related to parties and design, so it was painful not being able to bounce around any of my ideas for the shower with her.  However, knowing how much we both love events and design, it was a thrill to create this feminine little shower with a touches of peach, grey, burlap and lace for one my dearest friends. 


The burlap garland was actually a last minute addition to the bridal shower. I laid out everything the night
before and felt like the mimosa table was missing something, so I whipped up this project just in case. 
I'm so glad I decided to do it because I think it created a cohesive look between the mimosa table and
the nearby burlap table runners. For a six-foot garland (as pictured above), I used one yard of burlap and 
adhered it with hot glue to a piece of ribbon. Click the following to download a template
 for the burlap banner cut-outs:




One of the few requests that we had from Natalie was to include some sort of champagne cocktail 
at the shower, so we set up a "make-your-own" mimosa bar. If you'd like more information for
the set up of a mimosa bar, check out this great post from Camille Styles. Although the mimosa 
bar itself was pretty self-explanatory, I printed up some cute instructions on 100lb kraft paper cardstock. 
Here is a link to download the instructions:





Natalie's mom generously supplied bottles of champagne to give as favors for the guests. I printed "thank you" tags on 100lb kraft paper and then cut out the "tag" shapes. I punched a hole at the top of each one 
and applied reinforcement stickers then looped them around the bottles with bakers' twine. 
Here is a download to make your own:




I knew I wanted the placecards to match the invitations for the shower, so I used the same
 banner design and just printed them on tented cards. Here is a template download for the place cards:





These are the invitations I designed for the bridal shower, which served as a jumping off point 
for the rest of the decor. They are available for purchase here.

You can see additional photos from the shower here & here.

4 comments:

  1. your friend is so talented! this looks like a beautiful celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to order these on your store, but I can't see that any are available ? Is there a way I could order them still? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what are you trying to order? You can email me directly at mintlovesocialclub@gmail.com and I can point you in the right direction!

      -Natalie

      Delete
    2. Thank you I have just emailed you :)

      Delete