Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{peach & strawberry crumble}





I cannot believe I have never blogged about this dessert crumble before!  I think we have made this dessert about 7 or 8 times over the past couple years.  This past weekend we were invited to a St. Patrick's dinner party and I offered to bring dessert.  After spending some time on pinterest looking for something St. Patrick's inspired like this or this, I decided it would be better to just keep it simple and go with something I knew would be a crowd-pleaser, a strawberry & peach crumble.  

This fruit crumble is also a great make ahead dessert which can be fully prepared the night before an event and on top of that, we always use store bought frozen fruit for this dish.  We have made it with both fresh and frozen fruit and the difference is not noticeable at all so why not just go with a frozen option.  You can see the original recipe we follow here- we tend to switch up the fruit to whatever sounds good and have had success with rhubarb, peach, raspberry, strawberry and mixed berry options.  The only fruit I would not recommend for this dish is apple.  Another thing to note for this recipe is if you like a lot of crust you may want to double the "crisp" portion of the recipe.






1 comment: