Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{a little recent shopping}


 This season I made a little list of things I want to buy so that I can stay focused and not get distracted by sparkly little things to decorate our house or more party dresses which I don't need.  This year I am on the hunt for a new pair of flat brown boots in a soft cognac leather, jewel tone silk blouses and long sleeve dresses I can wear to work.  Did I buy any of these things recently when I did a little shopping?  Nope.  So clearly the making a list and staying focused thing isn't working out so great this season. But I did pick up some fun things to share with you...


Vintage cocktail glasses I picked up last weekend at the Rose Bowl Flea market for a few bucks a piece. I plan to use these to spice up the Friday Cocktail posts!


 Studded and jeweled peep toe d'orsay pumps by Sam Edelman.  I have been eyeing these for a long time; they are super high, a great neutral color and a little edgy, but girly at the same time.  I scored these ones on ebay last week and they finally arrived.  I can't wait for a reason to wear them!



While I will pretty much buy any fashion or interior design related book there is, Chris and I tend to be pretty conservative about buying cookbooks despite how much we cook.  My main criteria is that there absolutely needs to be gorgeous imagery in the book.  We spontaneously ordered these two books from Amazon and they definitely do not disappoint in the imagery department.  The one on the left is "The Family Meal" by Ferran Adria and it outlines 31 four course meals to make for family get togethers.  It even multiplies the servings for 2, 6, 20 or 75 people (when am I going to need to multiply a recipe for 75?!?!). The book on the right is "Bite by Bite" by Peter Callahan which includes 100 recipes for "stylish little plates" for parties.  I think this book was actually written specifically for me and my love of regular food in mini form. 


 

I am sure this isn't the last time you will see these two books on the blog- they will definitely be used for recipes in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment