Tuesday, August 16, 2011

{new additions}

 
I recently picked a few small accessories for our place, one of which is another new apothecary jar. Yes, another one- clearly I have an issue, but at least this time I knew exactly what I was going to use it for.   I have been looking for the perfect round and short apothecary jar to hold candy on our coffee table forever and I picked this one up at Michael's Crafts.  For the longest time, I was only seeing this type of shape in the larger ones so when I found this one for $10 I couldn't pass it up.



We also bought these white lion bookends off Etsy.  Originally they were going to be used on our bookshelves, but the shelves are white against a white wall so these bookends just blended into the background.  I am currently trying to think of a new spot for them. I might create a little mini set of books on my dresser in the bedroom since I am one of those people who is always reading two or three books at a time.



7 comments:

  1. Repaint the lions in pewter? Or a light, canary yellow - something to pop against the wall and bookshelf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these lions! The perfect bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a crazy love for glass jars too!! I have to talk myself out of many:) Love the lions! I like Sarah's idea of painting them a different color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can never have enough apothecary jars in my opinion love your new one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those colorful books stacked on your coffee table photoalbums? If so, did you make them or have them printed? I also am addicted to apothecary jars...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abigail!

    YES! those are all photobooks I make using blurb.com

    you can read about them here:

    http://www.mintlovesocialclub.com/2011/04/blurb-photobooks.html

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to comment and ask about the photobooks too! Great idea for a coffee table.

    ReplyDelete