Wednesday, October 22, 2014

{weekday breakfast with starbucks & keurig}




I am so excited to partner with Starbucks for a 3 part series about their flavored K-Cup® Packs because let’s face it people...my lifeblood before noon revolves around coffee. We’ve had a Keurig machine for almost 3 years now ever since we received one off our wedding registry and it really satisfies my push of button instant gratification needs (read: I’m a bit lazy in the morning so anything that takes significant effort or laborious clean-up isn’t going to work).

Today’s post is all about my favorite breakfast pairings. My dream breakfast situation (besides going out for a boozy Sunday brunch) is a leisurely morning spent cooking (probably this French toast) and maybe even getting back in bed to eat it, but most days that’s not a reality.  So today I thought it would be fun to show two of my favorite go-to breakfasts for quick weekday mornings: a super-food packed acai parfait and avocado toast using my secret ingredient!

Most mornings the very first thing I do (after taking out our high maintenance dog) is brew a cup of coffee in our Keurig and add a splash of cream.  I enjoy that cup of coffee while getting ready, watching the news, trying to make myself presentable to leave the house, etc.  I always drink that first cup of coffee like it’s my last and it disappears in about 15 minutes, so I’ll brew a second cup to enjoy with breakfast.  I usually just add a splash of cream to my coffee so I was excited to try out the flavored Starbucks® flavored K-Cup® Packs hoping that the sweet flavors like Vanilla or Cinnamon Dolce might prompt me to use less cream (which they did! win.).  Scroll down for my secret avocado toast ingredient and simple acai parfait recipe that I pair with my morning coffee!


{custom coffee sleeves with our wedding crest from here}




{sugar bowl from here & gold tongs from here}








{you guys. this Tajin Seasoning is the secret ingredient to out of this world avocado toast. trust.}







Simple Acai Parfait:

what you need:

  • acai smoothie packet (I like the unsweetened version from here - and you can find it cheaper at your local Whole Foods or Costco)
  • 1/3 cup granola 
  • 1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
  • 1 cup kale (or leafy greens like spinach)
  • 1 half banana, chopped
  • 5 strawberries, sliced
  • toasted coconut flakes
  1. Place granola in bottom of glass or bowl. 
  2. Chop bananas and strawberries. Set aside.
  3. Place acai packet, kale and soy milk into a blender.  Blend until smooth and then place contents on top of granola.
  4. Top acai blend with strawberries, bananas and coconut flakes. 
  5. Enjoy!




The rich aromas and sweet flavors you love from Starbucks®,now brewing at home. Introducing two new K-Cup(R) flavors for fall, inspired by our café favorites.

LEGAL: Developed in partnership with Starbucks Coffee Company and their new Starbucks® K-Cups® packs. K-Cup® packs for use in Keurig® K-Cup® brewing systems. Keurig, the Cup and Star Design, Keurig Brewed, K-Cup and the Keurig brewer trade dress are trademarks of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., used with permission.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company, via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.

1 comment: