Wednesday, October 8, 2014

{fall shopping list}

I'm in shock that we are already coasting along into October as it feels like it was only a couple weeks ago that we moved back to California!  It's been a bit difficult to get into the fall spirit with the heat wave that has been hitting Los Angeles this past week keeping temperatures consistently in the 90s.  The truth is that even when this heat wave passes, the weather here is still going to be pretty delightful in the 70s throughout the fall.  After experiencing a the fall season in Chicago (with gorgeous changing leaves and crisp weather), I know that Los Angeles' fall is really just a slightly cooler extension of summer.  That's not going to stop me from shopping for one of my favorite seasons, I simply need to be more aware of the pieces I buy so that I'm not dying of heat stroke.  Here's my little fall shopping wishlist - note the absence of puffy coats and gloves- thank. god. 




Ankle Boots:  I'm still desperately scouring eBay for the Isabel Marant fringe boots for H&M!



Long Sleeve Dresses:  While there might not be very many days that I can pair a chic long sleeve knit dress with tights around here, I still think it could be a great look paired with some of the above ankle boots!



Silky Plaid Tops:  I love plaid tops- especially when mixed with more feminine pieces like a pencil skirt or jeans and sky high heels.  Flannel is going to make me feel like I'm wearing a blanket in this heat so I'll be keeping my eye out of plaid tops in thin silky fabrics.



A Camel Coat:  I'm obsessed with the classic look of a camel coat and am hoping I can hunt one down in a lighter weight blend that I can wear out to dinner when the temperatures drop at night time.



Felt Floppy Hat:  Parisian Chic at it's finest.  These felt hats have been popping up everywhere and I'm positive I need to own one- especially for lazy hair days.



A Glamorous Holiday Frock:  Ok so the holidays are still a couple months away, but it's never too early to start shopping for great holiday dresses.  You don't wanna be the girl with her entire closet splayed across her room 5 minutes before your company's holiday party because you hate everything you own.  I know you know what I'm talking about here.



Grey on Grey:  Chris has made fun of me several times for my love of wearing grey on grey, but it's an easy combination that somehow looks put together and casual at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment