An alternate name for this post was "all grilled everything" because that's basically the mentality I took. In the second to last post in my series with Pinnacle Vodka, I thought it would be fun to try mixing up a cocktail using grilled fruit- especially since everyone is currently saying these are officially the last days of summer. Inspired by the recipes in this post, I grilled up some peaches and lemons for a delicious cocktail with a charred and smokey flavor. One of my favorite things in the world is grilled bread so we tossed some of that on to the grill as well to make an accompanying appetizer using the leftover grilled peaches. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the cocktail recipe which I'm calling the Burnt Sunset as well steps to make its twin sister appetizer of grilled bread topped with charred peaches, burrata cheese, fresh basil and lemon zest.
This is little pairing is the perfect combo to savor the last days of summer!
Grilled Bread with Peaches, Burrata & Basil (serves 6)
what you need:
- loaf of french bread (or whatever bread makes you happy)
- olive oil
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 2 ripe peaches
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- zest of half a lemon
- salt & pepper
1. Heat up your grill on high heat.
2. Cut bread in 1 inch thick slices, lightly brush oil on both sides. Set aside. Cut 1 inch thick peach slices and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
3. Chiffonade the fresh basil leaves and set aside.
4. Place both the bread and peaches on to the grill. Peaches will take about 5 minutes per side and the bread should take about a minute per side. Keep an eye on both until they get a nice char then remove from the grill.
5. Spread a healthy spoonful of burrata onto each slice of bread, top with 3 or 4 slices of grilled peaches. Place a few small pieces of basil on top then sprinkle lemon zest on top. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Pinnacle Vodka shakes things up with unexpected experiences and delightful discoveries. Explore with other fun flavors at http://www.pinnaclevodka.com. Also, check us out at www.facebook.com/pinnaclevodkas and https://twitter.com/PinnacleVodka or find more fun entertaining and drink ideas on our Pinterest page at http://www.pinterest.com/pinnaclevodka/.
Pinnacle® is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. and is used with permission. This is a sponsored partnership, with Pinnacle® Vodka, via Mode Media. The information, comments, and ideas expressed on this website are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of Jim Beam Brands Co., its affiliated companies, or any of their directors or employees.