Thursday, May 22, 2014

{moroccan dinner party inspiration}



Ever since we returned home from our trip to Marrakech, I have been dreaming about throwing a colorful party inspired by our time there.  Our 5 days in Morocco had such a magical feeling that only comes from being in a place that is so foreign and filled with exotic discoveries at every turn.  I hope I never forget the feeling of wandering through the maze of the souks taking in all the gorgeous trinkets or the intriguing all night dinners in ancient Riads served with the unparalleled hospitality of the region.  With the weather finally warming up I figured the coming weeks would be the perfect time to host a little outdoor dinner party starting at sunset with a decidedly Moroccan theme complete with plenty of romantic lanterns, vibrant colors and a flavorful Mediterranean menu.  Here's the inspiration board I put together for the evening:


I have a few go-to playlists that I use when we have guests over for dinner (as well as a couple for bigger parties or special trips), but I've been needing to create a refreshed version and this dinner party gave me the perfect excuse to mix some classic favorites with some more interesting moroccan inspired tracks.


You can play it directly from the playlist below or subscribe to it right here!

                                     

I can't wait to reveal some of the decor I have been hunting down and share the entire dinner party including the delicious menu with you soon!



Find what speaks to you.

Compensation was provided by Pier 1 via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pier 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment