Friday, February 14, 2014

{friday cocktail: la vie en rouge}


Today's cocktail could not be more perfect for Valentine's Friday with it's deep red color that comes from Lillet Rouge, a delicious and slightly sweet fortified wine.  I have tried both the Lillet Rose & Lillet Blanc from bottles I located in specialty stores in the US, but I had yet to try their original, Lillet Rouge.  What better place to sample a bottle than in Paris where you can find this spirit in most local grocery stores!  I adapted today's recipe based on this cocktail, but added in honey syrup and subbed orange juice based on availability.  I also upped the amount of gin because that just felt right to me.  Hope you enjoy this or another tasty cocktail with a loved one this evening!





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment