Friday, October 18, 2013

{what i loved this week}



on pinterest:  Pumpkin ice bucket- totally genius, but I wonder if it gets gross inside?  We will be hosting Thanksgiving in Chicago for 11 people and I have become obsessed with the idea of finding a bunch of vintage candlesticks for the tablescape.

on instagram: I generally prefer to keep our liquor in their original bottles (with the exception of this), but every time I see a display of crystal cut decanters it makes me re-think the whole bar situation.  All the photos from the Martha Stewart Weddings party this past week were amazing, but I especially loved this idea to use a star cut out on appetizers.  Swan art - disregarding the fact that we already have this massive piece of swan art I think we need more swans adorning our place!

on the blogs:  I am a huge fan of simple ways to dress up store bought food- especially these quick ways to fancy up a store bought cake.  I love this new-to-me blog, The Love List, especially her music playlists and snarky writing style. 

on my wishlist:  A fall appropriate floral dress? yep I need it.   Loren Hope makes some real good stuff in the earring department- love these vintage inspired baubles.  Another dark floral, but this time its an adorable lingerie set from Anthropologie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment