Thursday, August 1, 2013

{succulent centerpiece: mixing real + faux}



One thing I miss the most about our previous place in LA is our succulent garden.  I opted not to bring along any of the succulents from those planters on our move to Chicago since we don't have outdoor space here and I didn't think they would survive the move/living indoors.  After being here for almost a year, I have noticed quite a few people who have had luck with succulents indoors so I thought I would try it out.  Rather than do a full succulent centerpiece, I decided to hedge my bets on the plants living more than a week by buying only a few real ones and mixing them in with some faux ones.  Succulents have such a waxy appearance anyway that faux succulents actually look really realistic. You can find a really good selection of faux succulents in the floral department of Michaels or right here.  The real ones were purchased at Home Depot and you can buy online right here.


{re-using one of the wood planters we used for our wedding centerpieces}


 {yes I wore gardening gloves even for this small project because I am deathly afraid of spiders.}


 {real vs. faux}




 {can you tell which ones are real?}



1 comment:

  1. I have to do this one day- I love having plant life at the table. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete