Wednesday, July 24, 2013

{easy summer side: grilled radicchio salad}





You guys. THIS recipe is why I love The Chew so much.  It tastes amazing and it took me a grand total of 20 minutes from start to finish to make.  About 90% of the time my husband, Chris, cooks the dinners around here.  I like to think I am an active participant by helping to chop veggies or simply supervising the playlist of music and setting the table, but let's be honest- he is doing most if not all the work.  Since Chris has been travelling a lot for work recently, I have been left to fend for myself as far as meals go and Trader Joe's salads can only get you through so many nights of cooking for one.  After watching the clip below of this grilled radicchio salad, I felt pretty confident I could prepare this meal for myself and since it tasted great, I would like to think I was successful!

This salad was the perfect amount for my dinner and would also make for an amazing side dish for a grilled summer meal.  It's got great charred flavor from the grilled corn and radicchio plus added sweetness and crunch from the candied walnuts.  And for extra credit this dish is also a low calorie and healthy option according to Daphne on The Chew.   See the full recipe instructions here or watch the clip below (note: I omitted the asparagus since it just isn't my thing but you do you.)














Tune in: Fresh Daily. 1e|12p|c on ABC


The Chew celebrates and explores life through food - from cooking to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. Featuring celebrity chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon, and Carla Hall, lifestyle expert Clinton Kelly and fresh face of healthy living Daphne Oz, “The Chew” is a leap forward into a delicious new kind of talk show.


Watch The Chew Weekdays at 1e|12p|c on ABC!


Disclosure: Compensation was provided by ABC via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of ABC.

Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make Mint Love Social Club possible! :)

1 comment:

  1. Natalie-
    You should totally have Chris to a "guest post" if you will on the necessities he needs for the kitchen. For those of us just starting to cook/bump our way into the kitchen it would be a great post on what to buy and for what! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete