Friday, June 7, 2013

{what i loved this week}

Since I gave you no less than SIX cocktail recipes yesterday in the recap from the charity cocktail class we hosted at our house, I decided to skip the Friday cocktail today and go straight into what I loved this week....





on instagram:  Creative bar menus always bring something special for guests and I love this one that has a line up of cocktails named after all the different public transit lines in Chicago!  This credenza is styled so perfectly.  It is so amazing when readers send me their versions of DIY projects from this blog!

on pinterest:  A pinata filled with mini alcohol bottles and candy for a bachelorette is such a fun idea (just make sure you use plastic bottles!!).   This huge simply framed photo makes such an impact in a space and I imagine if you source it right then you could create this without spending a ton (do i feel a future diy post coming?!?!).

on the internets: I realize this is probably not new to a lot of people, but it is new to me and it had me laughing all afternoon on Wednesday- Thug Kitchen.  Best blog food blog I have ever seen. 

on my wishlist:  This swan is everything.   These cocktail glass coasters would make a great housewarming or engagement gift along with a nice bottle of whiskey or gin.  You guys....do you SEE these champagne cork side tables? I need them and then I need to host a champagne themed party.

on the blogs:  Sprouted Kitchen makes eating healthy look soooo good, I am definitely adding this one to the list of things to cook this summer- especially since I am trying to incorporate more fish in my diet.


1 comment:

  1. I am a loyal reader from St. Louis. I nearly died yesterday when I got a JCPenny catalogue in the mail. For one thing, it is not a store that where I usually shop, but also because they were showcasing a swoon-worthy line of party stuff from balloon tassels to cupcake liners. And what is this???? I think you got imitated by Martha Stweart?????!!!!!

    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/brands/martha-stewart/martha-celebrations/tableware-serveware/marthacelebrations%25e2%2584%25a2-square-paper-dinner-plates-%25e2%2580%2593-cotton-candy/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002322735&catId=cat1002520036&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

    ReplyDelete