what you need:
- 8 to 10 scallops- we used the frozen ones from Trader Joes
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup peas- frozen is fine for this as well
- 2 roasted jalapenos, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 stick of butter
- Puree cilantro and olive oil. Set aside to be used as a drizzle for finished plate.
- Place avocado, peas, and jalapeno in food processor and blend until smooth. Salt & pepper to taste. Can add olive oil to reach desired consistency if mix if too chunky.
- Lightly salt and pepper the thawed scallops. Add butter to a non-stick pan and place over medium heat. Once butter has stopped bubbling, add the scallops. Cook one and half minutes per side.
- Set scallops aside to rest for a few minutes while you prepare the dinner plates with a bed of the avocado/pea puree.
- Place scallops on top of puree and then lightly drizzle with cilantro oil.
- Salt to taste.
**if you wanted to modify this for an appetizer dish you could portion a small spoonful of the puree in a appetizer spoon and top with one scallop as you see in this photo.