Friday, May 10, 2013

{friday cocktail: the sls rose}






After falling in love with a fabulous cocktail made with rose and jalapeño at the SLS Beverly Hills on our anniversary trip (see some live footage of me drinking that very cocktail in this video), I just knew I had to try to recreate something similar once we got home.

Ideally I would have found some simple rose flavored syrup like this one that we used own, but I came across this $10 bottle of Jo Snow Rose Cardamom syrup from our local Binnys and was intrigued by the flavor combo.  While this isn't what I originally wanted, it still made for a great cocktail.  Heat from the jalapeño  spice from the cardamom and sweetness from the rose all come together to make for a unique taste that is sure to impress your next dinner guest.  You can also substitute a real cardamom pod and regular rose syrup similar to this cocktail.








3 comments:

  1. YUM! This is the perfect friday night cocktail! Thanks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could seriously live off the cocktails you post on your blog. If I was trapped on a desert island, that would be one of my choices fo sho. Can't wait to give birth so I can get my drink on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like the cardamom rose water syrup. I can't wait to try your cocktail. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete