Friday, June 15, 2012

{friday cocktail: hibiscus champagne}




Every single time we are in the checkout line at Bevmo, I always find myself eying the small jars of hibiscus flowers they sell for use in appetizers or cocktails.  In the past, I have always talked myself out of buying a jar since it seems really frivolous, but then again drinking champagne cocktails on a Thursday evening is pretty frivolous anyways.  Long story short- I bought a jar and here is the very simple, sweet and delicious recipe I made with it.  (if you cant follow this recipe- you are doomed in the cocktail department).









Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. These hibiscus flowers are amazeballs. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, any hibiscus cocktail (or tea with hibiscus for that matter) is my favorite! My husband and I went to Hawaii for a couple weeks for our honeymoon, so for one of my bridal showers the theme was "Hawaiian Chic" (ha!) Anyways, there were a few hibiscus cocktails that were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog! Love all of this. How do I join?? I don't see anywhere to follow. Really lovely.
    -Becky
    http://thepumpkinspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these all the time! It's my go-to cocktail when I've run out of ideas. Everyone loves them! You should try putting a little bit of the syrup at the base of the glass for an extra sweet touch.

    xoxo,
    La Petite Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a jar of Hibiscus flowers since Christmas and have still been trying to figure out what to do with them. Thank you for this delicious answer!

    ReplyDelete