Sunday, December 4, 2011

{plaid party: the decor}

{muji in his bowtie}

This past Saturday, we hosted our plaid themed holiday party!! I had so much fun and I loved how all our guests really got into the theme.  Overall, we were definitely going for more of a "tacky plaid" look for the decorations.  I would say the end result was basically an complete onslaught of plaid.  Once again, the downtown LA fabric district and Moskatel's were an incredible resource for craft supplies for the decorations 


 {champagne flutes with plaid fabric scraps}

 {vintage festive cocktail napkins}

 {mistletoe hanging}

 {supplies for cupcake toppers}

{tinsel pom cupcake toppers}


{view from the living room}


The biggest DIY we did for this party was the fabric strip garland that my good friend Kay helped out with.  This is by far one of the easiest garlands I have made, although it can be a little time consuming (especially if you don't own a rotary cutter).  After cutting up five or six different plaid and solid fabrics into 20 inch long strips (about 1 inch wide), you simply attach them in a random pattern to a piece of ribbon by typing them in a loop knot.  Click here to check out a more detailed tutorial.



 {sometimes we can even convince chris to help with the crafts}





{garland placed on the deck}


Here is a sneak peek of tomorrow's post about the photobooth set up:


Be sure to check back all this week for additional posts about the food and drinks we served.

5 comments:

  1. adorable!! I was so excited to come see your plaid party details today. That garland is awesome...soo long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How festive & fun! I love the garland too but your pup's plaid bow is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great! Love the bow tie you chose!

    Caitlin
    www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg what a fun party! That fabric garland is my FAVORITE!! I am saving that idea to make my own- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i love it! it all looks great so far! and muji is just the cutest!! i love the simple cupcake toppers!

    ReplyDelete