Friday, October 10, 2014

{friday cocktail: sparkling negroni}


I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to mix together one of my favorite cocktails, the classic negroni, with a topping of champagne!  After noticing a champagne cocktail using Campari at a local wine bar in our neighborhood, I knew the next chance I had to mix up a negroni I would be trying it as a sparkling version.  The negroni cocktail can turn some people off because of its very distinct strong taste and bitter flavor from the Campari, but a few ounces of champagne on top definitely cuts the taste a bit for those who might prefer it.  It's the perfect cocktail for cozying up on a fall evening (or if you live in California you can turn the AC up and pretend it's less than 80 degrees out!)

Oh and PS- that awesome needlepoint coaster pictured above is from this set!






Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment