Tuesday, April 15, 2014

{diy cocktail bitters sugar cubes}



When I saw these DIY angostura sugar cubes on pinterest while we were living in Paris, I knew they would be one of the first projects I wanted to try out as soon as we got home.  I ordered up these mini ice cube molds and then started thinking about which bitters I would use the most in cube form.  I decided in addition to classic Angostura sugar cubes to also mix up some Lavender and Peychaud cube.  

The recipe appears to be quick and simple which usually has me feeling pretty skeptical about how my version will actually turn out, but these were super easy to make and for the most part they popped out the molds in perfect squares!  In addition to being great for a French 75 or Sazerac cocktail, these cubes would also be tasty used as a sweetener for tea or even a fabulous gift idea alongside a bottle of bubbly or booze!  Check out below for the recipe details:




















what you need:
  1. Mix together sugar and desired bitters flavor in a bowl until the bitters liquid is well combined with the sugar.
  2. Firmly press sugar into ice cube molds. 
  3. Allow to harden overnight OR pop in the microwave for 30 seconds then let the mold sit for about 30 minutes to fully set before popping out the molded cubes!
  4. Store in airtight container when not in use.



No comments:

Post a Comment