Friday, December 6, 2013

{friday cocktail: velvetberry}


For our company holiday party this week, we created a few special cocktails including one that uses Velvet Falernum which I have never tried before.  Velvet Falernum is sweet syrup that contains around 11% of alcohol and has a very distinct winter spice flavor to it.  After seeing it used for our party in a cognac based drink, I thought it would be fun to try it out my own cocktail at home.  After a bit of searching I found one recipe that uses tequila, strawberries and champagne along with it.  Tequila seemed like an odd addition to me so I removed that from the original recipe and modified the proportions a bit.  The result is a fun champagne cocktail that initially has a refreshing taste from the berries, but finishes with a spiced kick from the Velvet Falernum.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment