Monday, May 6, 2013

{one year anniversary trip video}





One of the best decisions we made with our wedding was deciding at the last minute to splurge on videography.  I love to watch our highlight video every now and then because it completely transports me back to that day.

Our DLSR camera actually takes great high quality video and I have been meaning to shoot more with it as well as learn how to edit it.  The trip to The Parker Palm Springs that Chris surprised me with for our anniversary seemed like the perfect chance to try it out!  Here's the video we put together using footage from both our DLSR camera and my Iphone then edited in iMovie.   After figuring out the basics of the video editing software, putting together the video was surprisingly quick and easy.  While I definitely have some room for improvement on both shooting video footage and editing it, having this great little memory of our trip definitely motivates me to want to make more videos of future trips.

Our 4 day trip to LA and The Parker Palm Springs was a much needed trip to warmer weather to escape the dismal spring that Chicago is having.  This video sums up our trip which was basically comprised of drinking cocktails, laying by the pool, drinking champagne, playing lawn games and drinking more cocktails - oh and celebrating our first year of marriage!


6 comments:

  1. Looks so blissful! Really cute video. Totally inspired to create one for my next trip! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your first video. I did one for our honeymoon http://www.undeclaredpanache.com/2012/10/honeymoon-video.html when you see the end result it makes carrying the cameras around all worth it. Happy 1 year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I just got a Nikon D5100 camera and have yet to figure out the video function...I will def have to play around with iMovie! What song did you use for the video? Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay,

      I used the song "Ritual Union" by Little Dragon

      Hope that helps! :)

      Best,
      Natalie

      Delete
  4. I love the maxi dresses you're wearing! Where did you snag them? Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the maxi dresses you're wearing! Where did you snag them? Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete