Friday, December 14, 2012

{friday cocktail: martin voiron}





We have no less than 13 different bottles of bitters on our bar, but it seems that our Angostura, Peychaud's & Lavender flavored bitters are the bottles that get the most play.  Since we definitely play favorites with our bitters, I am always on the look out for recipes that utilize some of our lesser loved bitters especially the cardamon or celery bitters (and if you happen to know of a great recipe then don't be selfish and keep it yourself ...send it to me!).   I came across this recipe forever ago which uses Grapefruit bitters, but at the time we didn't have Chartreuse in our bar.  While the original recipe calls for Yellow Chartreuse, I felt Green Chartreuse would make a perfectly fine substitute and you know what...I was right! Enjoy...




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment