Friday, October 5, 2012

{friday cocktail: fig old-fashioned}





Ok- first thing's first- this is not technically an old fashioned.  This recipe has considerably more ingredients than a classic old fashioned, no bitters or even an orange peel garnish.  But since I am using some one else's recipe and they named it a "fig old fashioned,"  I will honor their recipe title.  You can see the original recipe here.

Anyways, I love figs.  Dont you!?!  Figs on pizza?  Yes.  Figs filled with goat cheese topped with honey?  Double yes since there is cheese involved.   So why not drink some figs?  Let's do it.  Here's the recipe.  Make it and enjoy.   Also, do not be afraid of the balsamic vinegar in the cocktail, it is good and interesting.  Trust.










Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I love both figs and balsamic, so basically this recipe is calling my name. Definitely going to have to make this stat.

    ReplyDelete