Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{summer dessert: grilled peaches with honey liqueur cream}





Even though we are still in the midst of getting settled in to our new place, we have at least unpacked enough of our kitchen to whip up a simple summer dessert.  We took our first trip to the "beach" of Lake Michigan down the street from our place to grill up some portobello burgers along with some friends and while researching side dish options to bring, I kept coming across ideas for grilled peaches.   We ended making a corn and quinoa salad for the beach, but we still picked up some peaches at the store to try out a grilled peach dessert.  I referenced this recipe for the basics and while the topping in that one sounds amazing (champagne whipped cream anyone?!?!), I opted to create an liqueur infused whipped cream topping instead.  Inspired by my recent trip to Binnys, we made some home-made whipped cream with a dash of Honey Liqueur.   I plated the peaches fresh off our cast iron grill topped with the newly enhanced whipped cream and drizzled with some honey.  This was such a quick an easy dish, perfect for a summer BBQ or as a last minute dinner party option.









4 comments:

  1. that looks so good! I need to try that asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latests posts and I have a giveaway going on right now...don't forget to enter :) It ends tomorrow!

    peacelovedecor.com

    ReplyDelete