Tuesday, July 17, 2012

{our wedding: florals by Hello Gem}


 

Just in case you didn't see it earlier this week, Chelsea of Hello Gem posted all about our wedding florals on Green Wedding Shoes along with some helpful tips for DIY brides.

I am so lucky to not only have Chelsea as a friend, but also as a talented floral and event designer.  I was able to give Chelsea some minimal inspiration images (like this, this & this) which she turned around to perfectly execute exactly what I had envisioned as dream centerpieces and bouquets for our wedding.

One thing I knew for sure was that I wanted pretty and soft bridal/bridesmaid bouquets that absolutely had to include white peonies, succulents and white anemones.  For the centerpieces, I wanted organic feeling arrangements that didnt have too much color besides green and white.  It was also really important to me that we use some of the deep black succulents from my own garden in the centerpieces and it was wonderful to use something I grew myself and they also added a pop to the arrangements.  Chelsea also created the festive flower crowns that two of my bridesmaids and our flower girl wore on the wedding day (seen here).

 Here is Chelsea's breakdown of all the different flowers she used:









{graphics by Hello Gem, images by EPLove}


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the way she broke down the elements of each arrangement. Flowers are such a mystery to me but these are almost approachable. Thanks for sharing! I'm loving all the details of your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how intricate and thoughtful each of these arrangements are! She's so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest and I didn't know someone else could love black and white stripes as much as I do! My wedding will also be done with black and white stripes as well. You blog is uber charming. Thanks for the awesome read!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete