Wednesday, June 27, 2012

{prize trophy make-over}





Apparently we have been in quite the spray painting kind of mood lately, we sprayed this guy gold and today I have the opposite make over for some trophies going from gold to matte white.  I stumbled across this pack of award trophies in the children's party aisle at Party City and I figured they would be great to use for some tiny floral arrangements for Jeff & Katie's upcoming engagement party.  The gold color on them is pretty tacky so we spray painted them a matte white and I experimented with planting some little succulents in them.





At only $10 for 8 of these guys they would be useful for a variety of situations like bridal shower/wedding favors or even as a nice little token for a co-worker's desk on their birthday.  I cant wait to see how they turn out filled with flowers next month!

5 comments:

  1. Another cute idea and successful spray painting! I love the floral choice too :)

    http://notyouraveragebeachbum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie, I am curious what kind of spray you use on plastic that not peal in a couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great budget idea for party centerpieces! These could look amazing with roses or garden flowers too :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you purchase the cute little sticks to put in them?
    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete