Friday, February 10, 2012

{friday cocktail: type O}



On a recent trip to visit my parents in the bay area, my dad made me this cocktail which the bartender at a hotel bar in Healdsburg had given to him.  Besides the Aperol, this cocktail is relatively simple in it's ingredients, but packs a lot of flavor.  Plus, it has the most popular ingredient on this blog lately, blood orange! (re-live past blood orange magic here, here, & here).  

On a side note, I am trying to design a new template for the cocktail recipes as an update to the template I have used previously.  I'm not in love with this new one, but it is definitely a start in the right direction. What are your thoughts on the new template? If anyone wants to take a stab at a new one and send it my way I would love you forever.  seriously- for. ever. 




cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Template changes look great, keep working on it though - maybe a border or rounded out corners would help.
    Any chance you could provide a side index or cocktail recipes by main ingredient e.g. all rum cocktails, all vodka etc.

    Thanks and keep going, you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made blood orange syrup & this looks like a delicious candidate for using it! Maybe sub in the syrup for the blood orange juice + simple syrup...? BTW the name Type O is cracking me up and also grossing me out :)(recipe for blood orange syrup is here if anyone is interested http://www.two-tarts.com/2012/02/blood-orange-syrup.html)

    ReplyDelete