Monday, January 30, 2012

{mini valentine's garland}



Over the weekend, my mom and I picked up a pair of mini rose bushes from the flower mart.  I dont normally buy potted plants besides succulents at the Flower Mart, but we got there a little too late in the day and the selection of fresh flowers was dismal.   We potted these little rose bushes in a white ceramic vase I have.  This vase is not intended for houseplants since it has no drainage so we will see how long these actually last. 

While Chris was making us dinner, I whipped up this mini garland using some construction paper, baker's twine & two bamboo vegetable skewers.   Simply cut the triangle garland and fold it in half; you can see more in depth tutorial along with some free printables here.  I attached the little hearts with a glue stick and then hot glued the triangles onto the baker's twine.  This would be a really great addition to a Valentine's cake- similar to this previous post.








1 comment: