Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{blood orange simple syrup}




Even after two cocktail posts using blood oranges (here & here), I still haven't had enough of this richly colored citrus.  Last night, Chris and I made some blood orange simple syrup to use in cocktails or mocktail spritzers and drizzled on desserts.  Regular simple syrup takes all of five minutes to make and most flavored simple syrups (like this one) only take a few minutes more.  I followed this recipe, but I doubled the ingredients which yielded me about a 1 1/4 cups of syrup- enough to fill two of the containers pictured above.  

This would be a great alternative to bringing a bottle of wine as a hostess gift, especially since it looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into it when really you made this in less than 10 minutes and returned to drinking a glass of wine on your couch.




{washi tape from Etsy, printable tags from this post}



No comments:

Post a Comment