Wednesday, December 14, 2011

{a little weeknight celebration}




There is no reason that a little bit of exciting news or a work accomplishment shouldn't be rewarded with a little extra celebration.  Chris called me the other day with news of an awesome achievement so I made it point to beat him home from work so I could set up a little celebration before we went out for dinner.  I had to work with what I had around our place so I laid out some gold glitter wrapping paper and whipped up some letters using kraft paper cardstock.  Originally, I wanted to spell out "congrats" or "celebrate" but in the interest of time I went with a simple three letter word.  I attached the letters to some extra photobooth prop dowels we had and then grabbed a nice bottle of Rosé we had been saving.  We purchased this bottle over Thanksgiving weekend when we visited JCB Winery's tasting room in Healdsburg, which has one of the most glamorous tasting rooms I have ever been in.




We have also started saving our champagne corks from events like this and I plan on making one of these to remember all these fun celebrations:



7 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet idea and i just pinned that cork frame as well.. i absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea from pinterest. I knew I saved our engagement cork for a reason!

    Caitlin
    www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @caitlin that is exactly what prompted me to look for something to do with the cork! I started with our engagement cork and feel so attached it, but had no idea what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore that cork shadowbox- fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great centerpiece - easy & fast to put together! Love it!

    Samantha
    www.thebrunetteone.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun! I really like those corks in a frame.

    ReplyDelete