Thursday, June 30, 2011

{lavender simple syrup}



I have experimented many times with lavender in my baking before and have always love the result- especially the time we made lavender honey ice cream.  Although I often use our Lavender bitters, I have been really wanting to make a cocktail with actual lavender simple syrup.  It is so quick and easy to make flavored simple syrups like this, I am surprised we dont have more of them around the house.  Here is the recipe I followed:


What you need:
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoons culinary lavender
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup filtered water
  1. place all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium to high heat
  2. allow all sugar to dissolve
  3. remove from heat and let cool for about 30 to 45 minutes. If you need the syrup immediately you can set this in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
  4. strain syrup into a container of your choice. Placed in the refrigerator the syrup should be good for a few weeks.




 {swing top bottle from Specialty Bottle}


Check back tomorrow for a recipe using this syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment