Friday, May 13, 2011

{friday cocktail: maiden's blush}


Unless I missing something, there is a serious lack of good cocktail blogs out there; although, there seems to be no shortage of "bartender" websites with thousands of recipes to sort through (no thanks on that).  Which is why I was so excited when I stumbled upon an amazing cocktail site called The 12 Bottle Bar. The idea behind this blog is to bring hand-crafted cocktail recipes to the average home bartender.  All of the recipes utilize spirits, liqueurs, and bitters from a set list of twelve different bottles; no "random-obscure-drive-to seven-different-stores-to-find-it" ingredients here. On top of that, each recipe comes with an extremely thorough history or background on the recipe.  I highly recommend you go check out their great website and bookmark it for future use!




For today's cocktail, I bring you a Maiden's Blush, straight from the pages of 12 Bottle Bar.  This cocktail is vibrant pink and full of flavor; the perfect drink to end a long week:









Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great website! I always want to have a bar but then when you think about having to buy 12 kinds of flavored vodkas and all kinds of random liquors, well, it just makes me stick to wine. :)

    ReplyDelete