Monday, April 11, 2011

{neapolitan cake + mini bunting}


For a friend's birthday this past weekend, I decided to make a Neapolitan layered cake. While I ended up just using boxed cake mix, you can find the actual recipe that inspired me here. I definitely recommend making it into a 5 layer cake as the recipe shows rather than 3 as I did. With the additional smaller layers, you are able to get all the flavors in one forkful-which is the whole point of the cake!



I also made some mini gold bunting to make the cake a little more festive. I used some appetizer picks, small gold origami paper and baker's twine. I simply folded the origami paper in half and cut out the triangle shapes then glued them around a few pieces of red/white baker's twine.

1 comment:

  1. This is super-cute. Wonder if I could make Neapolitan cupcakes by layering spoonfuls of each flavor in paper cupcake cups...

    (will need to experiment. today.)

    ReplyDelete