Tuesday, April 26, 2011

{apothecary jars: faux succulents}


Easter is now over, so it was time for the Peeps and Robin's Eggs in the apothecary jars to go. (check them out in all their Easter glory here) Since there aren't any big holidays coming up, I decided to fill the apothecary jars with something other than themed candy.  I purchased a variety of faux succulents from Moskatel's in downtown Los Angeles. You can also find these at Micheal's Craft stores or even nicer versions at Pottery Barn. I used a little bit of dirt topped with the same moss and rocks I used in my real terrarium. I am pleasantly surprised with how real these look and I will probably keep them in the apothecary jars until July 4th rolls around.







{I even had one left over to put on the coffee table}

4 comments:

  1. I think a pair of Iberian Ribbed Newts would really complement your succulents. I got mine from General Exotics (http://www.generalexotics.com/newts/spanish-ribbed-newt). I was surprised at how affordable they are! I'm going to paint little American flags on them for 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you purchase the fake succulants? Please share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to know that as well! looking all one the net for them and the few sites I find most varieties are out of stock.

      Delete
  3. That is such a great idea and they really look amazing. Those area really cool and must be a lot of fun to create. I cannot wait to try that myself and make my house look even more amazing.
    Jak Manson | http://snakesatsunset.com/snakes-for-sale/

    ReplyDelete