Tuesday, March 8, 2011

{mini donuts}



I love taking regular desserts and making them in mini versions.  That is why when I saw this mini donut pan I knew I had to find a recipe and make these right away! I used this recipe which produces a very light cake like donut. I used the simple vanilla glaze from the same recipe. Although, I would prefer to make them with a cinnamon sugar or crumb topping the next time I bake them. Its not that the glaze didn't taste delightful, but paired with the cake like consistency of the batter the entire donut started tasting more like a cupcake than a donut.  I think these would make a fun addition to a brunch buffet or as a dessert served with a few different "dipping" sauces at a small dinner party.


4 comments:

  1. what is the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2010/08/vanilla-bean-baby-doughnuts.html

    ReplyDelete