Thursday, February 17, 2011

{glossy white frames}




A friend of mine worked for the production company that produced the movie "W." After production wrapped the company had rooms full of props for the taking and we lucked out with a bunch of awesome picture frames complete with pictures of the actors as the political figures from the film.

The bathroom in our loft has one wall that is useless for any type of storage, but is also starkly bare and was just asking for something. I used a simple glossy white spray paint to re-purpose the frames. Any brand of paint works if you are doing white or black, but if you want to use a color I highly recommend the brand Montana for their amazing selection of colors. Montana's paint will run you about $9 a can and only comes in a flat finish so you will also need to purchase a clear gloss finish spray.

{via aite media}



I had prints made using photos from flickr and our own photo collection from a trip to Europe a few years back. Since I knew I would be looking these photos all the time, I wanted to chose images that reminded me of some my happiest memories (Chris also instructed me it could not get too "girly"). I am happy with the result, but now that they have been up for a couple weeks I have been thinking how great they would look in a dove gray since we don't plan on painting the bathroom walls....

2 comments:

  1. I would vote for the gray - adding to contrast of the white wall.

    VT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog -- full of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete